NORTHERN PACIFIC is a General Engineering Contractor located in Northern California that performs private and public works projects. We pay cash fringe on prevailing wage and public works projects. Our benefits include health, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance. Retirement savings will be implemented in 2017 with a generous match.
The WORKING FOREMAN is responsible for executing the Project Manager's or Superintendent's directives in running site work projects. Including, but not limited to, installation of water, sewer, storm pipe and concrete structure installation. Road base & roadway installation, utility work, fine grading, and foundation/pad preparation. Additionally, they must be able to safely, efficiently, and productively run heavy equipment.
MAIN JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(1) Must be able to shoot grades, set up job and run crews, read drawings and specifications.
(2) Work with various GC site supervisors and project managers to ensure work is completed.
(3) Assign workers to tasks, explain the work and supervise the execution of the work.
(4) Significant experience operating heavy equipment.
(5) Exercise proper care, maintenance, and operation of company equipment.
(6) Maintain accurate time sheets and job documentation.
(7) Communicates and enforces Northern Pacific's Safety Program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
(1) High school diploma or GED preferred
(2) Minimum of 5 years' experience managing and running a crew of laborers and operators to complete the installation of Water Main, Force Main, Storm Drainage, and Sanitary Sewer.
(1) OSHA certifications
(2) First Aid/CPR certification
(3) Valid driver's license and ability to drive
(4) Must be able to communicate well with co-workers
(5) Must be able to work under pressure
(6) Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
(7) Ability to work cooperatively, independently, and with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment
PLEASE REPLY with your Resume OR an introductory email listing your work history.
Must pass background check, drug test, and complete the pre-employment physical. Clean motor vehicle report and reliable transportation required.
Compensation: Range $45/hr - $55/hr
Please send resume to: email@example.com
Transportation and Logistics Jobs s