Infinity Transport Services Inc. is looking for a full time billing clerk with transportation and intermodal trucking experience. We are looking for a hands-on, results oriented employee who will be able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously. Must be able to follow directions, yet constantly looking for progressive change and improvements in inefficiencies. Customer service oriented with strong oral and written communications skills. Must be comfortable working with minimal supervision, using judgement, but also able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Work with warehouse operations, suppliers and customers to resolve issues and obtain missing BOL and paperwork to allow the completion of invoicing.
- Provide customer service support to the dispatch team regarding freight related inquiries.
- Maintain and perform queries using various tools to obtain data from various sources for obtaining any missing documents needed to complete invoice process (J1, BOL and POD).
- Create load numbers and rate driver pay to prepare work orders and dispatches for invoicing.
- Resolve freight billing discrepancies with customers regarding rates, missing accessorial charges.
- Work with dispatch operations and ensure services are being billed according to contract.
- Analyze time & attendance data, compare to contract, investigate variances and determine billable services (billable detention and accessorial charges).
- Generate A-bills accurately and efficiently, per billing specifications to assure proper invoicing of customer chassis and equipment and maintain chassis account to allow proper fund allocation.
- Distribute supporting documents per customer requests. (BOL and POD requests)
- Review missing documents report and correct any billing issues that will not allow the invoice process to be completed.
- Coordinate with Payroll and Operations to resolve billing disputes.
- Work with Accounting and Accounts Receivables as needed for collections, aging, billing discrepancies etc.
- Other responsibilities may include answering phones, miscellaneous clerical duties, light accounting work and special projects.
- Provide a high level of customer service and respond in a professional manner to invoice inquiries.
- Assist owner operators with any questions regarding pay discrepancies and review settlements with them to correct or explain a solution to the issue. Can also seek assistance from management if needed.
- Performs other duties/functions as assigned by management.
- Strong computer skills required with emphasis on MS Office products.
- 2 years of service industry billing experience
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of standard office machines (fax, photocopy, scanner and telephone systems).
- Extensive experience email, creating spreadsheets, composing correspondence and managing and updating databases.
- High school diploma required. Associate Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
If interested in this position, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send resume to: email@example.com
Transportation and Logistics Jobs s