From: Western Bus Sales
Field Service Vehicle Technician Wanted (Boring, OR)
Salary - Depending on Experience / Average $53k-$73k per year
Field Service Vehicle Technician
Company: Western Bus Sales Inc.
Location: 30355 SE Highway 212
Boring, Oregon 97009
Salary: Salary - Depending on Experience
Employment Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Travel Level: Heavy & Overnight
Relocation Cost: Not Paid
Education Level: High School
Western Bus Sales is looking for candidates who are interested in working for a family-owned business with an excellent reputation and stellar group of team members. Are you looking to join a team that feels like family, works hard but has fun too, coupled with a very competitive benefit package? Then read on and contact us about this great opportunity!
WBS is searching for an experienced medium/heavy duty vehicle technician to join our Service Department as a Field Service Technician for Central, Southern, and Eastern Oregon.
This position is responsible for mobile vehicle service repairs and customer service on school and commercial buses and vans, primarily at customer sites. Most of the repairs will be under warranty by different OEMs, such as Blue Bird, Cummins, Braun and more.
- Coordinate onsite repairs directly with customers
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and complete vehicle repairs using appropriate tools and OEM instructions
- Majority repairs are not heavy line work, and consists mostly of superficial electrical diagnosis, laptop work, cosmetic issues, etc.
- Provide technical support to customers via phone/email
- Order parts necessary for field repairs
- Test drive vehicles to confirm complaint and/or repair
- Maintain responsibility for minimal on-truck parts inventory
- Heavy travel required, with an average 3 overnights away from home each week
- Area of responsibility includes Central/Eastern/Southern Oregon and the Columbia Gorge area of Washington
- Minimum of 2 years mechanical repair experience in the automotive, truck or bus industry
- Preference will be given to truck, bus and / or heavy equipment experience
- Commitment to WBS company philosophy regarding customer service and sales
- Ability to work independently without supervision at customer sites
- Positive and helpful attitude towards vendors, customers, and fellow employees
- Well organized, attentive to detail and efficient with time
- Possess a willingness and ability to learn
- Good communication skills including email, text, phone
- Customer service skills for face-to-face contact with customers
- Able to describe in written reports the mechanical and diagnostic work performed
- Strong computer experience with email programs, internet browsers, and Windows based programs
- Clean and care for service truck, shop tools, parts inventory, and equipment
- Able to supply own hand tools
- Able to manage consistent overnight travel throughout Oregon
- Possess an active driver license with clean driving record. Commercial driver's license will be required within 180 days.
PAY & BENEFITS:
The pay scale is competitive and will be determined based upon experience and ability to perform the necessary job duties.
Robust company medical/dental benefits, 401k match, profit sharing, life insurance and long term disability insurance are some of the many fringe benefits offered.
WBS provides the service truck, laptop, and cell phone, and covers the costs of travel. IE hotels, meals, fuel, etc.
All employees are required to participate in our drug screening testing program.
Compensation: $53k-$73k per year
Please send resume to: 503-905-0003
Transportation and Logistics Jobs s