From: Bob Feil Boats and Motors
Marine Service Rigging/Set-up/Installer
Bob Feil Boats and Motors, East Wenatchee WA
Bob Feil Boats and Motors is currently seeking one Full Time Service Technician in our Rigging Shop to join our growing Family. We have been Family Owned & operated since 1948. We offer our customers one of the largest marine parts and accessory inventories in the state. It is our goal that the staff at Bob Feil Boats and Motors, offer our customers superior service and knowledgeable advice. We are in the heart of Central Washington with four full weather seasons offering some of the best outdoor recreation opportunities in the country. Our home town community also offers the region's best healthcare, schools, shopping, dining and housing all within a short hassle free commute to our facility.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Basic marine engine and propulsion system maintenance.
• Install outboard engines and set up for water testing.
• Install marine electronics, parts and accessories.
• Marine engine electrical system diagnostic and repair.
• Trailer electrical, bearing and brake diagnostic and repair.
• Occasional boat water test and product demonstration.
• Shop and work area clean up.
• Write thorough notes on all services/actions performed.
• Move boats with forklift before & after jobs, when customers drop off and pick up, and other times as necessary.
• Boat yard organization and customer assistance.
• Other task as necessary
Experienced Marine Service Technician Qualifications
• Must have basic knowledge of marine systems including outboard engines, inboards/outboard engines, direct and v-drive engines, stern drives, steering systems and electrical systems; trailer electrical and braking systems also a plus.
• Must be clean, organized and highly detail ordinated.
• Skilled in wood, fiberglass and metal fabrication.
• Strong 12 volt electrical system knowledge is required.
• Able to work tight often awkward positions for extended periods of time.
• Able to work in extreme temperature environments (hot summers and cold winters)
• Must have minimum 2 years marine/automotive/power-sports experience , either at a dealer or independent shop.
• Must be able to work independently, keep service advisor up-dated on progress and know when to ask for guidance when necessary.
• Must be able to multi-task while keeping a positive attitude.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with service management and customers both verbally and on written work orders.
• Basic computer skills required for using diagnostic equipment and on-line course training.
• Forklift experience preferred, but we can train as needed.
• Applicant MUST have basic mechanic hand tools and lockable tool storage.
• Washington State Boaters Card Required
Experienced Marine Service Technician with Bob Feil Boats and Motors
• We are a family-owned
• We are a busy shop with a large facility and strong service staff
• Shop has heat in winter and AC in summer
• Paid vacation and holidays, paid medical insurance for employee
• 40 Hour work week (Tuesday-Saturday)
• Competitive Wages
• Drug free work place
• Please note: Due to the seasonality of our business no vacation time is allowed May-August.
Please send resume to: 509-884-3558
Transportation and Logistics Jobs s